Photo Credits: NickelodeonTV
I love Rock N’ Roll! We all remember the remarkable, rock ‘n roll filled movie “School of Rock” which has truly established itself as a classic and rather legendary movie. “School of Rock” fans will be more than ecstatic to hear that the one and only, renowned Nickelodeon TV and Paramount Television is bringing out an all new, stupendous TV series that will leave you absolutely speechless – a TV series inspired by the movie itself called, School of Rock. According to the press release, “Inspired by the hit movie, School of Rock follows a unique group of prep school students who are in for the change of a lifetime when a down-on-his-luck musician poses as their substitute teacher. At first, the overachieving and rule-following kids are rather unimpressed, but their new teacher, Dewey, uses rock n’ roll to ignite their inner expression.”
The show is currently being produced at the Paramount Studios in Los Angeles, California and is set to air Fall of 2015. The TV series is executive produced by Jim and Steve Armogida and the director of the “School of Rock” movie, Richard Lanklater and producer Scott Rudin will also be executive producing the show.
Now it’s time to learn more about the musically inclined School of Rock cast! According to the press release,
- TONY CAVALERO (Nickelodeon’s Splitting Adam) plays “Dewey,” Dewey is the down-on-his-luck musician posing as a substitute teacher, who ultimately becomes the most unique and well-liked teacher the kids have ever had. Although he has an alternative approach to teaching and could probably learn more from his students about history or math, Dewey uses the language of rock n’ roll to elevate and inspire his class of kids to reach new heights as the band called “School of Rock.”
- RICARDO HURTADO plays “Freddy,” the new kid who brings a fresh rebellious perspective to William B. Travis Prep School. He is an effortlessly “cool” kid who recognizes the opportunity in building the band with Dewey, and challenges the class to take risks in the name of having fun. Freddy is a good role model for Lawrence and Zack, has the same interests as Tomika, and supports Summer when it counts.
- LANCE LIM (Growing Up Fisher) plays “Zack,” a reserved child of overbearing parents, who comes out of his shell as the band’s electric guitarist. He walks the line between fearing the consequences of breaking the rules and embracing the independence that Dewey encourages. Zack is a good friend to all, and with the confidence he gains from the band he makes the choice to become his own man instead of a “Yale man.”
- AIDAN MINER (Nickelodeon Creative Lab’s Homeroom) plays “Lawrence” the quirky, technologically-inclined, unabashedly confident keyboardist for the band. He may miss social cues and create messes for the band, but his heart is always in the right place as a team player who completely embraces rock n’ roll.
- JADE PETTYJOHN (Nickelodeon’s Henry Danger) plays “Summer,” the over-achiever with perfect attendance and a blind ambition for academics. Not satisfied with playing tambourine in the band, she ultimately becomes the manager when she realizes she can use her organizational skills to the band’s benefit. Summer learns to take risks and be a team player, especially when it means getting noticed by her crush, Freddy.
- BREANNA YDE (Nickelodeon’s The Haunted Hathaways) plays “Tomika,” is the fun-loving bass player who is a bit of a tomboy. Although more comfortable with a skateboard than a microphone, Tomika’s peers soon learn that she is a double threat – a gifted bass guitarist who also has some powerful pipes. Tomika is grounded and knows who she is, which is why she is such a great best friend to Summer – together these girls can accomplish anything.