New products including Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, Playmation, KINGDOM HEARTS III and limited edition Star Wars PlayStation4 hardware bundles – oh my! Talk about a lot of excitement with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media! The ultimate Disney fan event, the renowned and prestigious Vidcon 2015 event made its way to the Anaheim Convention Center for three days on August 14th – August 16th and a lot of exciting news was revealed at the three day event! On the final day of the magical D23 Expo, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media revealed their upcoming products at the event.
To add onto the excitement, StarWars: The Force Awakens stars: John Boyega and Daisy Ridley even came up on stage and gave away their Disney Infinity character figures to the attendees of the presentation. According to the press release, “We have the most exciting slate of upcoming game titles in our history, and we’re also focused on new platforms and technologies that enable us to develop experiences we would never have dreamed possible just a few years ago,” said Jimmy Pitaro, co-chairman of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media and president of Disney Interactive.”
Missed the wonderful and spectacular unveilings from the extraordinary Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media presentation at the D23 Expo? No worries! Below is a recap of the highlights from the D23 Expo presentation (source: press release):
- On November 17, fans will be able to purchase two very special limited-edition Darth Vader-inspired PlayStation®4 Star Wars bundles: Star Wars: Battlefront and Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars. The bundles include a fully customized PS4™ featuring an image of Darth Vader, a controller inspired by Darth Vader’s suit and more.
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley, co-stars of Star Wars™ The Force Awakens, surprised guests on stage and gave away their character figures, Finn and Rey, for the upcoming Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Play Set based on the film.
- Other character reveals also included Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Zootopia, Spot from Disney•Pixar’s The Good Dinosaurand a limited edition set of Light FXStar Wars™ character figures that light up when placed onto the Disney Infinity Base. Exciting new Disney Infinity integrations with Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line® were also unveiled.
- Guests who attended the Hall D23 received a special Kingdom Hearts Mickey Costume Power Disc that unlocks a one-of-a-kind costume of King Mickey, Keyblade Master and King of Disney Castle for Disney Infinity’sMickey Mouse character and a classic Mickey Mouse figure.
- Coming this Fall, Playmation Marvel’s Avengers Gamma Gear – inspired by the 7-foot Hulk – lets you smash into battle using motion-sensing technology putting you in the Avengers action. Slip your hands into the Gamma Gear and use the motion-based controls to smash your way through missions and stomp through battlegrounds with different Hulk moves like Ground Slam, Thunder Clap, and other combos.
- Square Enix and Disney Interactive revealed that Baymax and other beloved characters of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Academy Award®-winning filmBig Hero 6 will make their debut in the ever-expanding narrative of KINGDOM HEARTS III.
- Disney Interactive announced Disney Magic Kingdoms, a new mobile game being created with Gameloft that lets players build the Disney theme park of their dreams by recreating and placing iconic attractions such as Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, California Screamin’ and many more in a fun animated landscape.
Check out more pictures from Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media’s unveiling of their upcoming product line at the D23 Expo!
Photo Credits: Disney Interactive
Stay in the loop by following @DisneyD23 on Twitter and Facebook and using #D23Expo!
I, Alexisjoyvipaccess had such an extraordinary HONOR covering the D23 Expo for my site! Stay tuned here at Alexisjoyvipaccess.com for more coverage / VIPAccessEXCLUSIVES from the D23 Expo!