Nickelodeon is known for all of its incredible shows and phenomenal content, but another one of the many things that the renowned network is known for is encouraging kids to get up and get active, whether it’s through their Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Sports award show, Worldwide Day of Play, or their highly-anticipated and exciting Super Bowl 51 celebration!
This Super Bowl 51, Nickelodeon is continuing off all of the fun with a lot of NFL-themed content and activations planned. Starting tomorrow, February 1st, Nickelodeon veteran and Game Shakers star, Kel Mitchell and the multi-talented, School of Rock star Breanna Yde will be on the ground reporting from Houston during the Super Bowl Opening Night and the NFL Experience. Breanna Yde and Kel Mitchell will get us all extra excited to see the two teams battle it out on the football field and take the title of this year’s Super Bowl winner. Will it be the Patriots or the Falcons – we will all just have to stay tuned!
In addition, there will be a special one-hour segment airing on February 5th titled the Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl where some of the greatest athletes and some fan-favorite Nickelodeon stars will take on several football-themed challenges. It’s going to be awesome to see these NFL athletes and School of Rock stars take on some adrenaline-filled challenges, but what’s even greater is that the outstanding special will also help benefit PLAYWORKS, a nonprofit which helps children’s social and emotional health by encouraging physical activity in schools. PLAYWORKS is a partner of Nickelodeon’s Worldwide Day of Play. The winner of the Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl will receive a $10,000 donation while the two runner-ups will receive a $5,000 donation. All three teams’ donations will help enhance recess and gym programs at three local school districts in Houston. Nickelodeon will continue to work with PLAYWORKS again during its 2017 Worldwide Day of Play tour, which will end in September, and will also feature activities from Nick’s space at the NFL Experience.
According to the press release, “The original Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl special is an hour-long competition (produced by Charlie Ebersol and The Company), airing Sunday, Feb. 5, pitting teams of NFL athletes and Nickelodeon stars against one another in a series of fun and exciting football-themed challenges. Hosted by Nick Cannon and featuring NFL athletes (Andre Johnson, LaDanian Tomlinson, DeMarcus Ware, Wes Welker and more) and the cast of Nickelodeon’s School of Rock (Breanna Yde, Jade Pettyjohn and Ricardo Hurtado), the special will be taped at the NFL Experience. From passing footballs while jumping on a trampoline, running drills with water-soaked footballs, to creating original victory celebration dances, the teams will compete in three challenges with the lowest-scoring team getting eliminated. The final two teams compete head-to-head in a challenging, one-of-a-kind obstacle course to win the title of Superstar Slime Showdown Champion.”
Check out the full schedule for both on-air programming and on-the-ground activations during Super Bowl Week below. (source: press release)
- Wednesday, Feb. 1–Sunday, Feb. 5 (various times on Nickelodeon, Nicktoons and TeenNick) – Super Bowl LI Interstitials featuring Kel Mitchell and Breanna Yde: Nickelodeon stars Kel Mitchell (Game Shakers) and Breanna Yde (School of Rock) will be on-the-ground reporters in Houston during the week and covering activities at Super Bowl Opening Night and at the NFL Experience.
- Friday, Feb. 3–Sunday, Feb. 5 – NickSports’ Nicktoons Takeover (all weekend long, starting Friday at 9 p.m. ET/PT during the NickSports block): Leading up to the Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl premiere, Nicktoons will air the best of NickSports content featuring the hit series All in with Cam Newton, Crashletes, Dude Perfect, Jagger Eaton’s Mega Life and Paradise Run.
- Sunday, Feb. 5 (simulcast at 12 p.m. ET/PT on Nickelodeon, Nicktoons and TeenNick) – Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl: Hosted by Nick Cannon, the hour-long special will feature NFL players (Andre Johnson, LaDanian Tomlinson, DeMarcus Ware, Wes Welker and more) and the cast of Nickelodeon’s School of Rock (Breanna Yde, Jade Pettyjohn and Ricardo Hurtado) competing in NFL-style challenges with a Nickelodeon field day twist. Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl is produced by The Ebersol Lanigan Company LLC.
- Nickelodeon at the NFL Experience (Monday, Jan. 30–Sunday, Feb. 5) – an interactive destination celebrating Nickelodeon’s current hits and iconic series including SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rugrats and Hey Arnold!. Cascading with moving slime, the 40×80 experience will include a football toss with SpongeBob SquarePants, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles locker room, a GIF booth with SpongeBob and Patrick and a Double Dare nose photo opportunity. It will also feature a slime booth where athletes and lucky fans will have the opportunity to get slimed throughout the week.
- Nickelodeon at Radio Row (Wednesday, Feb. 1–Friday, Feb. 3) – a 30×30 interactive area featuring a Giphy Frame with three GIF options showcasing Nickelodeon characters; a Nick artist who will draw NFL players into their favorite Nickelodeon show to create a sharable graphic image; and photo opportunities with the SNICK orange couch and NickSports lockers.
Be sure to join in on all of the fun with Nickelodeon during this Super Bowl week and participate in the social conversation by following @NickSportsTV and @NickelodeonTV on Twitter and use the hashtag #NickSB51!