San Diego Comic-Con is right around the corner and that means that the renowned network, Nickelodeon has a lot of spectacular surprises in store at the event. Nickelodeon is continuing SpongeBob‘s 20th birthday celebration and is bringing Bikini Bottom to Comic-Con International: San Diego with tons of excellent panels and activities. Want to try out your boat driving skills at Mrs. Puff’s Boating School? Well, at San Diego Comic-Con, you can snap a great photo-opp with a replica of the school. Want to get up close and personal and meet some of your favorite voice-actors from SpongeBob SquarePants and the creator and executive producers of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? It’s all happening at Nickelodeon’s booth (#4113) at San Diego Comic-Con on July 18-21, 2019.
“Every day of the convention, Nick’s booth will feature: an interactive game inside The Krusty Krab, where fans will go head to head to complete food orders in a race against the clock; a photo opportunity with a replica of Mrs. Puff’s Boating School; The Chum Bucket towering 22 feet tall over the retail area, where attendees can purchase a variety of exclusive Nick gear and one-of-a-kind collectables; costumed character appearances; autograph signings with SpongeBob SquarePants cast members and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles creator and executive producers; and more special appearances to be announced in the coming weeks.” (source: press release)
From meeting amazing, costumed-characters to buying tons of Nickelodeon merch, San Diego Comic-Con is bound to bring a whole lot of Nickelodeon excitement your way!
Learn more about the panels and daily activities happening at Nickelodeon’s booth at San Diego Comic-Con below!
(source: press release)
SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout!
Drop on the deck and flop like a fish because Nickelodeon is celebrating 20 years of SpongeBob SquarePants! Dive deep down into the making of the brand-new special, “SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout!” with co-executive producers Vincent Waller and Marc Ceccarelli. Voice actors Tom Kenny (SpongeBob), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick), Rodger Bumpass (Squidward), Carolyn Lawrence (Sandy), Mr. Lawrence (Plankton) and Clancy Brown (Mr. Krabs) will discuss what it was like to portray their characters in front of the camera for the first time in this live action-animation hybrid special. Moderated by: David Canfield (Entertainment Weekly).
To Shell and Back: An exclusive TMNT creator panel
It’s creator COWABUNGA time! Three generations of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles creators will take the stage to celebrate the history, fandom, and success of the Heroes in a Half-Shell. This exclusive history-making event will give fans rare access to co-executive producers Andy Suriano and Ant Ward (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), executive producer Ciro Nieli (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and legendary TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman. United for the first time, these award-winning creators will answer fan questions, share audience giveaways and unveil never-before-seen original TMNT art. Moderated by Mike Cecchini (Den of Geek).
DAILY BOOTH ACTIVITIES
- Customized T-Shirt Station: Fans can purchase a t-shirt from the retail shop and customize it on the spot with characters and art from their choice of eight fan-favorite Nick shows: All That, SpongeBob SquarePants, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Loud House, Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.
- Autograph Signings: Signing opportunities with: SpongeBob SquarePants voice talent and executive producers; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ creator Kevin Eastman and executive producers.
- Costumed-Character Appearances: SpongeBob SquarePants and Bikini Bottom friends–Patrick Star, Sandy Cheeks, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Pearl–will make appearances at Nick’s booth at select times during the convention.
- Retail: Attendees can purchase Comic-Con exclusive figures and collectibles, the winter edition of the Nick Box, t-shirts, and more.
- Giveaways: Enter for a chance to win special prizes over the course of the convention.