It goes without saying that every SpongeBob SquarePants fan’s biggest dream is to visit Bikini Bottom, and now, that dream is coming true for Los Angelenos this weekend! Presenting to you… the Bikini Bottom Experience – a one-of-a-kind, pop-up museum bringing the best of Bikini Bottom to SpongeBob fans. Bringing all of the fun to Goya Studios in Hollywood from October 18th – October 20th, SpongeBob SquarePants: The Bikini Bottom Experience is the best place to celebrate SpongeBob memories and memes while taking the cutest Instagram-worthy pictures.
Nickelodeon has been celebrating 20 remarkable years of SpongeBob SquarePants in a variety of exciting ways including the live-action and animated cross-over special, SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout, as well as incredible collaborations such as the Kyrie x SpongeBob SquarePants sneaker collection and SpongeBob SquarePants Timbaland boots and apparel. The celebration of 20 years of SpongeBob doesn’t stop there! Nickelodeon is even giving fans the chance to visit Bikini Bottom through six, outstanding installations at the Bikini Bottom Experience. From visiting SpongeBob’s home sweet pineapple, to getting your very own license from Mrs. Puff’s Boating School, this brilliant pop-up museum brings Bikini Bottom to life in the most enjoyable way for families and people of all ages.
Let’s take a look at all of the excitement that’s in store for attendees at the SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Experience:
- SpongeBob’s Pineapple: Definitely one of the best parts about the Bikini Bottom Experience is visiting SpongeBob’s humble abode, of course! Inside SpongeBob’s home sweet pineapple, you’ll get to capture tons of great pictures and even hang out with Gary. Plus, you’ll get to enter in SpongeBob’s room and jump in his bed full of sponges!
- Patrick’s Sand Sanctuary: Once you visit SpongeBob’s home, you definitely have to visit his best-friend Patrick’s home too! You’ll get to lounge out on Patrick’s couch and snap a marvelous pic.
- Sandy’s Treedome: There are tons of fantastic activities in Sandy’s treedome – from completing a fun, obstacle course to even getting to try on Sandy’s air helmet.
- The Krusty Krab: A visit to Bikini Bottom isn’t complete without a trip to The Krusty Krab, right?! At the Bikini Bottom Experience, guests get to partake in a terrific scavenger hunt to find the Krabby Patty secret formula. To get the formula, attendees have to complete all of the tasks from Mr. Krabs. Guests even get to snap their own “Employee of the Month” photo if they complete the scavenger hunt successfully and get to have their photo plastered next to the best Krusty Krab employee himself – SpongeBob!
- Mrs. Puff’s Boating School: It sure isn’t easy getting your boating license – just ask SpongeBob! But, at the Bikini Bottom Experience, you’ll get to have your photo taken at the photo-booth and even get your own physical copy of your boating license. You need to show that to SpongeBob!
- Squidward’s Gallery: Squidward is known for creating masterpieces… especially his beloved, self-portraits! At the Bikini Bottom Experience, you’ll get to immerse yourself inside Squidward’s art gallery and even create your own Squidward meme!
Aside from the six, spectacular activations, guests will also get the chance to visit a room celebrating 20 years of SpongeBob including artwork, sketches and fashion collaborations. Plus, there is a retail room to get your hands on some of the greatest SpongeBob merch including plush toys, phone-cases and more!
This stupendous, sold-out event is unlike any pop-up museum out. SpongeBob SquarePants has and continues to make a great impact on generation after generation through hilarious episodes, amazing memes, and excellent consumer products. SpongeBob SquarePants helps create a stronger bond amongst family-members who join together to watch new episodes and laugh together at all of the funny SpongeBob memories. Needless to say, it’s been an extraordinary 20 years of SpongeBob SquarePants and here’s to many more!
Alexisjoyvipaccess had a sensational time covering Nickelodeon’s press preview of SpongeBob SquarePants: The Bikini Bottom Experience and had the great honor of interviewing Tom Kenny (the voice of SpongeBob SquarePants) and Bill Fagerbakke (the voice of Patrick Star) at the event. Tom Kenny and Bill Fagerbakke talked exclusively with Alexisjoyvipaccess all about the Bikini Bottom Experience pop-up museum, what it has been like for them being a part of 20 marvelous years of SpongeBob SquarePants, and what their favorite SpongeBob meme is in our VIPAccessEXCLUSIVE interviews.
Check out my VIPAccessEXCLUSIVE interviews with legends Tom Kenny and Bill Fagerbakke at the SpongeBob SquarePants: The Bikini Bottom Experience and watch a tour of the fabulous pop-up museum below.
For more information on the Bikini Bottom Experience, visit the pop-up’s official website here. Follow SpongeBob on Twitter and Instagram: @SpongeBob.